Wigs have evolved from once being considered for only hair loss patients to being more of a fashion statement. Most common high quality wigs worn about 10 years ago were made from a static and uncomfortable material called plethora. Recently lace front wigs and hair extensions have gained in popularity not only with celebrities, but with everyday consumers as well. A key to the popularity to lace front wigs has been their comfortable mesh cap, versatility and they are undetectable to many observers.
Wearing lace front wigs is not as simple as buying a wig from the beauty supply store and putting it on your head. One needs to familiarize oneself with a few simple steps to safely and simply apply a lace wig. Here are a few simple steps to get you started:
1. Make sure the surface of your head is level and the wig is clean and free from lint. In addition, ensure that your hands, nape of neck, and forehead are clean from dust and dirt as well. I suggest you clean those areas with 99% rubbing alcohol.
2. Preparing your lace front wig is both simple and very easy. First pull the back (rear) of the wig into a ponytail using a big clip, ponytail holder or banana comb. Secondly, take another large clip and pull back a couple of small hairs around your hairline (sometime called baby hairs). Then, take a pair of small, sharp scissors and begin trimming the lace along the hairline.
3. Use a skin shield/barrier applied around the hairline to protect your scalp and sensitive skin. Use double-sided tape (I like “SuperTape”) or an adhesive along the hairline and let dry for the recommended drying time as stated on the bottle/jar. If using adhesive repeat this process three times for a strong hold or one more for a light hold.
Wearing lace front wigs is not as simple as buying a wig from the beauty supply store and putting it on your head. One needs to familiarize oneself with a few simple steps to safely and simply apply a lace wig. Now that your bond, adhesive has had time to dry, follow the next steps:
1. Once your skin feels tacky apply the wig to your head beginning in the center of your forehead. Make sure the adhesive begins to fuse against your forehead. Be careful not to stick your fingers in the adhesive in the process. Oftentimes I use a long comb (bone or rat-tail) to help apply the wig to the adhesive so my fingers remain clean.
2. Continue to apply the wing to your entire hairline, one section at a time. Take great care when getting to the nape of your neck; I like to look at the floor before applying my lace front wig to my nape. This ensures that I will have free range of movement once the lace wigs online is fully dried. Once the entire wig is secure, use the long comb to over the hair piece singapore once more to make sure all the lace is bonded to your head.
3. Next, open the clip containing your baby hairs and brush them gently out. Open your ponytail and put it into a bun and wrap a silk scarf around your head for at least 3 hours. This will help to strengthen the bonding and make sure the lace front wig is in tact and keep in on your head… no wig shifting please!!!